” Write” is such a stodgy word for what we do… we play with words, we scribble scenes, we make messy sentences, craft lots of false starts, and if we’re lucky we create story starts. Most of all we have fun doing it.
Newcomers ALWAYS welcome.
And if it’s been ages since you’ve joined us, you’re welcome too! No judgement!
And if you see me in person, by the way, there is no need to apologize for not showing up! ! It’s a drop-in group…
Anyway, IF you join us… our next Monday is:
5:30 to 6:30 pm, Monday, March 2, 2015
at Flying Star, downtown, 723 Silver (8th and Silver) in downtown Albuquerque. Ideally we are upstairs by the elevator on the sofas, realistically we are upstairs with a few tables pushed together. Come at least 20 minutes early to get a beverage or snack– this Flying Star is ridiculously slow!
BRING your pen/pencil/crayon/magic marker, paper, and five dollars ($5).
What you’ll get: writing prompts designed to get your pen moving, camaraderie, and the starts to some great poetry or prose! BONUS: you’ll get camaraderie, community, and appreciation for your words
SAMPLE PROMPT: The first death was this….
NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED!
REMINDER: RULES FOR WRITING:
1) Change pronouns of the prompt to fit a character you’re working on
2) Change point of view of the prompt to fit your story
3) Take one word from the prompt and run with that
4) Ignore the prompt all together! JUST WRITE
5) It’s okay to write CRAP! write messy sentences lush with grammar errors and spelling mistakes, rich with bad metaphors, and incomplete thoughts!